1. In a 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute, then add cubed chicken breast and brown lightly.
2. Add all vegetables and spices and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add water, broth and lemon juice to pot.
4. Cover, turn to high heat and bring to a boil, about 2 minutes.
5. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add small pasta and finish simmering, 5-10 minutes, depending on size of pasta.
7. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
This recipe is suitable for many people with chronic kidney disease. However, your type of treatment and other health concerns may make it unsuitable for your particular diet. Check with your doctor to make sure it’s OK for you.