1. Line an 8-inch square dish with parchment or waxed paper and set aside.
2. Combine honey and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir together. Cook for a few minutes until melted and thoroughly combined. Remove from heat.
3. Add brown rice cereal, chopped nuts and protein powder to the saucepan and stir until well-combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to lined baking dish and place another piece of parchment or waxed paper on top. Using your hands, press on the paper to smooth the mixture and make it as even as possible.
6. Place in refrigerator until well-cooled (approximately 2 hours). Or, place in freezer for approximately 1 hour.
7. Once mixture has set, cut into 16 bars. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information for One Bar (With Chocolate Chips, Peanuts and Peanut Butter)
Protein: 5 g
Carbs: 20 g
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 45 mg
Potassium: 150 mg
Phosphorous: 85 mg
This recipe is suitable for many people with chronic kidney disease. However, your type of treatment and other health concerns may make it unsuitable for your particular diet. Check with your doctor to make sure it’s OK for you.