1. Squeeze extra water from the drained, rinsed tuna.
2. Place tuna in a medium-sized bowl and flake with a fork.
3. Add the drained, rinsed can of white beans.
4. Toss in a few tablespoons of capers or quartered Kalamata olives.
5. Add olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and pepper to taste.
6. Stir to mix and serve over salad greens.
Optional: add some chopped walnut halves and diced jarred roasted red peppers.
This recipe is suitable for many people with chronic kidney disease. However, your type of treatment and other health concerns may make it unsuitable for your particular diet. Check with your doctor to make sure it’s OK for you.